Thursday 25 July 2013

Kingfisher delight

Was asked to provide some photos for public information at a picnic area along the Abbert River. No problem except I did not have any good shots of the most important river bird. It was time to take a walk along the river. As I walk along the river a flash of blue streaking low across the water and disappearing into some trees over hanging the river. This was not a great location and I was out in the open with no cover, so I waited and waited. Pure magic hearing the bird under the cover of some branches, come on show yourself and it did. After 4 hours in a poor location due to lack of sun light and over hanging branches I managed to get a few of shots.

All shots taken with Swarovski ATX 95mm+TLS-APO+Lumix GH2
Kingfisher
Alcedo atthis
Cruidín



No comments: